U.N. High Commissioner disparages U.S. President

U.S. President Donald Trump’s feedback of journalists adds up to an assault on the flexibility of the press and could incite brutality against columnists, the United Nations’ human rights boss said on Wednesday.

“It’s really quite amazing when you think that freedom of the press, not only sort of a cornerstone of the U.S. Constitution but very much something that the United States defended over the years is now itself under attack from the President,” the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights said.

Both amidst his election battle and all through his presidency up until now, Donald Trump has over and over pummelled and offended US prevailing press outlets, calling them the “fake news.”

Also, in February, Trump named numerous prevailing press outlets “enemies of the American people.”

Zeid voiced worry that a journalist from the Guardian had been ambushed in the United States most as of late, however, gave away no more subtle elements.

Trump has likewise made agonizing comments over ladies, Mexicans and Muslims derided a man with inabilities openly and issued a mandate on a transgender boycott in the military.

At a current rally in Phoenix, Arizona he reprimanded the media for distorting his reaction to the fatal racial oppressor walk in Charlottesville, Virginia, calling them unpatriotic and “truly dishonest people.”

The President prides himself as a taboo breaker, undoubtedly his supporters consider him to be such. In any case, at the time Zeid communicated his inclination that this was horribly flippant, on the grounds that it has consequences, it encourages the individuals who may think comparable to hone their ambushes on these groups, expressed an exasperated Zeid.

 

Sources-

  1. NDTV- http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-may-be-inciting-violence-against-media-un-1744041
  2.  DW.COM- http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trumps-media-attacks-may-amount-to-incitement-says-un-human-rights-chief/a-40295344

North Korea missile launch: Dollar hits rock bottom, Euro gains

Dollar index hits lowest since May 2016, dropping to a four-month low against the yen at an early stage on Tuesday. Yen, Swiss franc gain, after N.Korea fires ballistic missile. Whereas, Euro continues to probe 2-1/2-year highs vs. dollar.

The dollar was down 0.55% at 108.660 yen subsequent to hitting 108.330, its lowest since April 18.

A hazard loath inclination won in the district following the rocket dispatch (- the most recent demonstration of incitement by Pyongyang that has increased pressures in the locale over the previous month), with Japan’s Nikkei tumbling to a four-month low. The dollar had also further weakened  after Tropical Storm Harvey paralysed Houston, Texas.

The yen tends to profit amid times of geopolitical or money related worry as Japan is the world’s greatest creditor country and there is a suspicion that Japanese financial specialists will repatriate assets should an emergency appear.

“Based on past patterns in which the yen has gained on such incidences, speculators reacted immediately to the North Korean missile headlines, taking dollar/yen to the intraday lows,” said Mitsuo Imaizumi, chief FX strategist at Daiwa Securities.

“But dollar/yen trimmed some of the losses after the reports that the missile actually flew over northern Japan.”

The dollar was at that point on edge, especially against the euro, after Federal

Reserve Chair Janet Yellen did not say money related approach at a national financiers’ summit in Jackson Hole a week ago, and as European Central Bank President Mario Draghi’s kept away from talking down the euro at a similar meeting.

The dollar file against a bushel of six noteworthy monetary standards was unfaltering at 92.274 in the wake of slipping as low as 92.137, its weakest since May 2016.

SOURCES: Reuters, CNBC

IMAGE SOURCE: REUTERS

The Indo-China stand-off, attains a standstill

China has flagged, it has put road development in the debated Himalayan outskirt zone- Bhutan, on hold as a major aspect of an arrangement to end a military stand-off with India.

Be that as it may, the Chinese foreign said on Tuesday that Chinese troops would keep on patroling the zone.

The move came a day after the two countries finished their stand-off on the Doklam plateau, which started in June when China began building a street in the questioned territory near Bhutan.

The inconvenience began in June when India sent troops to stop China constructing a street in the Doklam range, which is remote, uninhabited region guaranteed by both China and Bhutan.

India said it sent its troops since Chinese military action there was a danger to the security of its own upper east district.

“We will make an overall assessment of the weather conditions and all related factors, and according to the actual circumstances complete construction plans,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying, told a daily news briefing.

Neither one of the two countries has offered unequivocal points of interest of the terms of withdrawal from the zone which had raised feelings of dread of a more extensive clash between the Asian monsters who battled a short outskirt war in 1962.

Spectators likewise said the finish of the stand-off was clearly planned to ease strains in front of a prominent BRICS summit one week from now in China. The others BRICS countries are Brazil, Russia and South Africa.

News Source: Reuters, scmp

Picture Source: Reuters

______________

Harvey causes gasoline futures to gush

U.S. gas prospects rose to a two-year high on Monday as Tropical Storm Harvey pounded the core of America’s vitality part, while the euro hit a 2-1/2-year peak, after the European Central Bank president ceased from talking down the cash.

Gas futures took off as much as 6.8% at one point as the tempest, which came shorewards on Friday as the most capable typhoon to hit Texas (home to a fourth of U.S. raw petroleum refining limit)  in over 50 years, kept on battering the state.

“The rain is expected to last through to Wednesday so the disruptions could last for some time yet,” said William O’Loughlin, investment analyst at Rivkin Securities in Sydney.

Following a repressed session in Asia as speculators anticipated harm gauges from the tempest, money related spreadbetter LCG anticipated that Germany’s DAX would open down 0.2% and France’s CAC 40 to begin the day 0.3% lower.

MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan rose less than 0.1%, Japan’s Nikkei was little affected, Chinese blue chips rose 1.6%, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng added 0.4%, South Korea’s KOSPI was down 0.5% and Australian shares slid 0.7%.

Subsequent to surging on Friday, unrefined petroleum costs were blended on Monday as business sectors endeavored to gauge Harvey’s effect on oil creation and refinery request.

Brent futures, the global crude oil benchmark, rose 0.3% to $52.56 a barrel, adding to Friday’s 0.7% increase. But U.S. crude futures plummented back 0.4% to $47.70, paring Friday’s 0.9% increase.

The euro rose to as high as $1.19665, whereas the dollar fell 0.3 percent (proposing milder opening on Wall Street), to 109.13 yen early on Monday and was up 0.1% from its $1.19215 close on Friday, when it advanced 1% at $1.1931, after Darghi refrained from citing the currency’s strength.

SOURCES: REUTERS, ZEEBIZ

IMAGE SOURCE: REUTERS

White house and Kremlin deny collusion

President Trump’s organization, the Trump Organization, looked to assemble a gigantic Trump Tower in Moscow amid a year ago’s presidential race, as indicated by individuals comfortable with the arrangement and new records explored by the organization’s legal advisors, The Washington Post revealed only Sunday night.

Felix Sater, a Russian-born and engineer living in the United States, endeavoured to persuade then-hopeful Trump to visit Moscow “and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say ‘great things’ about Trump,” as indicated by The Post.

The daily paper said financial specialists and Trump’s organization had marked a letter of the plan to fabricate a Trump Tower in Moscow yet the venture, lacking area and grants, was relinquished toward the finish of January 2016, just before the U.S. presidential primaries started, as indicated by a few people acquainted with the proposition.

The Washington Post report comes in the midst of examinations by an autonomous exceptional insight and congressional panels into whether Trump battle helpers conspired with Moscow to impact the 2016 U.S. decision. Trump and the Russian government have denied any conspiracy.

In July 2016, Trump denied business connections with Russia and said on Twitter: “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia.” He told a news conference the next day: “I have nothing to do with Russia.”

Insights about the proposed deals were contained in a group of messages to be swung over to congressional agents without further ado, the report said.

Sources – Reuters, White House Patch 

Yingluck flees to Emirate, dodging politically spurred charges

Confronting a conceivable 10-year imprison term, previous Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra fled the nation to Dubai, under the steady gaze of a court decision on Friday–  her supporters say was politically spurred, nearby media and authorities said.

Nonetheless, anonymous authorities disclosed to Reuters news office that she set out via land to Cambodia at that point travelled to Dubai to join her sibling, Thaksin Shinawatra – another ousted former premier whose administration, similar to hers, was toppled in a military coup.

Yingluck, who turned into Thailand’s first female prime minister when her party cleared elections in 2011, is blamed for carelessness in managing a cash losing rice sponsorship program. She has denied charges as politically spurred.

A decision had been expected on Friday, as a huge number of Yingluck Be that as it may, Yingluck never showed up for the verdict, as supporters accumulated outside the court and police stood to watch.

A judge read out an announcement saying her legal counsellors had educated the court she couldn’t go to in view of an ear infection.

The judge said the court did not trust the reason and sent out a warrant to be issued for her capture and delayed the trial until September 27.

“If she’s not guilty she should stay and fight the case,” Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha, the military chief, said. He also added, “If she’s not here, what does that tell you? Will she still say that she didn’t get justice?”

Hurricane Harvey: Trump’s first Tempest

First Category 4 hurricane to hit the US (United States), bringing one-meter of precipitation, on late Friday. Departure orders were further issued to enable Texans to look for protection from winds of up to 215 km/h. Trump signs disaster order as Tempest with winds of up to 215km every hour is dreaded to be exceedingly dangerous to hit US mainland in 12 years.

The epicentre of Hurricane Harvey hit land between the Port of Aransas and Port O’Connor, Texas late on Friday, as per the National Hurricane Center. It perforated extending hundreds of kilometres into the Gulf of Mexico.

It is regarded as the most powerful to hit the terrain since 2005. Prior to that Wilma struck Florida in 2005, and incurred billions of dollars in harm. Before Wilma, Hurricane Katrina walloped New Orleans around the same time, turning into a noteworthy disappointment of the administration of George W Bush.

Surprisingly so, US President Donald Trump signed a debacle declaration for Texas, authorizing government reserves for help hours before the storm. Prior in the day, Texas Governor Greg Abbott had asked Trump to preemptively announce Harvey a “major disaster” with a specific end goal to speed government help.

“We can obviously tell already at this stage this is going to be a very major disaster,” Abbot said, as more than 1,000 National Guardsmen were activated. It’s thus, a major test for trump, as it’s the first natural disaster in his presidency.

“I encourage everyone in the path of #HurricaneHarvey to heed the advice & orders of their local and state officials,” the Trump tweet appeared on Friday.

 

Sources – Reuters, Aljazeera