Divorce With Renault Leaves Red Bull to Move On to Honda

Red Bull and Renault have reportedly broken up causing new complications on the Formula circuit. This is predicted to leave Red Bull with no foreseeable option other than forcing to shift to engines made by Honda. Red Bull and Honda already have a tied association with each other in Moto GP and this should ideally give Red Bull an opportunity to leverage a financial deal that allows them to no longer pay for their engines. They might also receive considerable funding from Honda which should make Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz happy.

McLaren on the other hand is expected to move from engines made by Honda to Renault for consecutive three seasons in the future. Renault is also set to announce their contract with Toro Rosso driver Carlos Sainz starting 2018 and are prepared to lose Jolyon Palmer. Rosso will team up with Nico Rosberg. Renault and Red Bull have had a publicly rocky relationship since 2014, with the inception of the current turbo hybrid engine formula. They powered through four drivers’ and constructors’ titles but Renault’s inability to match match up to Mercedes has left Red Bull with little patience. After constant struggles, Renault has finally decided to break ties permanently. Meanwhile, McLaren left Honda because their engines are believed to be the worst in the circuit.
News Sources- BBC, Autosport

Alonso leaves Ferrari; Vettel replaces him on a three year deal

Image: http://f1team.leiaja.com/
Image: http://f1team.leiaja.com/

Sebastian Vettel, the four-time World Champion, is all set to leave Red Bull and join the Italian Formula One team Scuderia Ferrari in 2015. The 27-year old will replace the 33-year old, Fernando Alonso, who will leave with the conclusion of the final race of the season.

Alonso had said in reports earlier that his future lay elsewhere and that he could be joining McLaren next season.

The huge Michael Schumacher fan, Vettel, said that it would be an incredible honour to drive for Ferrari and he is looking forward to the big change.

“Scuderia Ferrari has decided to put its faith in the youngest multiple champions in the history of Formula One,” Ferrari team principal, Marco Mattiacci, said in the statement. While thanking Alonso for his loyal service, Mattiacci added that “we offer him our heartfelt thanks for what has been an extraordinary adventure with the Scuderia.”

Alonso’s final race will be Sunday’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. He has won 11 races for Ferrari in his successful tenure. This season the Spanish racer is ranked fifth, behind Vettel, who is currently placed fourth.

For more information, go to: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30128844

Indian Grand Prix will return, says Formula One Boss

Image: PTI
Image: PTI

The Indian Grand Prix will return in 2016 after Formula One boss, Bernie Ecclestone’s successful meeting with the race promoters in Sochi, Russia. The race has however already been ruled out of contention for the 2015 calender.

The Indian Grand Prix was dropped out of the 2014 season for tax and bureaucratic related problems. Formula One enthusiasts across the country wondered if there is ever going to be a race in the near future after three successful seasons at the Buddh International circuit.

Race promoters, Jaypee Sports International (JPSI), head by Sameer Gaur together with the Formula One Manangement (FOM) want to honour the five year contract and then think about what the future holds for them.

“We (Sameer and I) had a good meeting in Russia. I was assured that the tax and other related problems will be sorted out in due course and then we are good to go back. It is too late for 2015 now, so we are working on 2016,” Ecclestone told PTI.

Gaur, meanwhile said, “Formula One remains very important for us. Unfortunately, because of the circumstances we could not do the race this year but I see the situation improving soon. The important thing is that we and FOM are on the same page. 2015 looks tough as the calendar is more or less final, so we should look at 2016 as the year for the race.”

Read more: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-grand-prix-formula-one-bernie-ecclestone/1/402726.html