40 year old rapes teenage wrestling student

New Delhi: In West Delhi’s Shahbad Dairy area a wrestler was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenage national-level kabaddi player. The accused, 40 year old was identified as Naresh Dahiya who is a resident of Jain Extension in North Delhi, reported NDTV.

Dahiya as a business runs a local wrestling centre in his village. The arrest was conducted on Tuesday night from his residence.

“The incident occurred on July 9 when the victim, who went for training in Chhatrasal Stadium in north Delhi, was accosted by Dahiya. Posing as a coach, he lured the victim to his car on the pretense of giving her diet tips,” a senior police officer said. He also added that after they covered some distance, the victim was manhandled by Dahiya due to which she lost consciousness. She later found herself in a flat where she was sexually assaulted.

The victim was abandoned by him near the stadium the next day, after threatening her to not speak about the incidence to anyone. Dahiya has been charged under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and Section 376 of the IPC mentioned Hindustan Times in its report.

Image Source: India Times

 

 

Anmol Ratan to be under judicial custody

A Delhi Court on Thursday sent Anmol Ratan, accused for the rape of a Ph.D student from JNU , for 14-day judicial custody. Ratan was missing from the time the complaint was lodged against him, but was finally capitulated at the Vasant Kunj Police Station on Wednesday evening.

A 28-year old fellow PhD student filed a rape case against Ratan, who was the former AISA president, earlier this week  According to the reports, the girl was looking for a movie called ‘Sairat’. Rattan called her to his hostel room to give her the movie and allegedly raped her there by spiking her drink.

After the complaint All India Student Association acted firmly against the activist and expelled his primary membership, reported The Indian Express.

ANI also reported that in a statement later AISA said, “The fact that a leading activist of ours is accused of sexual violence calls of serious introspection and re-invigorating the process of sensitization against sexual violence within and outside the organization.”

The court has asked jail authorities to provide proper medical facilities to Ratan after he submitted his medical reports regarding heart malady.

 

Former Delhi Jal Board official faces trial in rape case

Image Source: indiatoday.in
Image Source: indiatoday.in

Sarat Chander, former Delhi Jal Board top official has gone on trial for allegedly raping a private firm staffer engaged in contract work for the civic body in the year 2006.

Apart from him, two other officials of Delhi Jal Board have been identified as
Ramesh Thakur and Praveen Bhargava who were also accused of raping the woman, but the court discharged both of the officals by observing that the evidence and records produced before the court only make a case against Chander.

The additional Sessions Judge, Sanjiv Jain stated that they are dischared of the offense punishable under Section 376 (2)(g) of the IPC, under which they have been summoned.

The victim had filled a complained that in the year 2006, she was gang-raped by these three people after giving her pastries laced with sedatives. She told the police that she was being threatened to keep silent or else the purported video recording of the incident will be revealed.

However, a year after the alleged incident, an FIR was only registered at the Malviya Nagar Police Station in 2007.

The victim revealed in her complaint to the police commissioner that
She had met Sarat Chander at the DJB office and both of them were in a close relationship. The accused told her that he has good contacts and would help her in finding a better job.

In 2013, the Delhi High Court had quashed the order of the trial court that had summoned the officials to face trial in the case despite a closure report being filed by police. After this, the state challenged the order in the Supreme Court. The matter was returned to the trial court with directions to proceed afresh on the point of charge.

During the whole procedure, the court observed that after the 3 year of investigation, it came to light that Chander was present on the incident spot and had taken the pastries to the complainant and later got intimate with her.
The judge stated that whether the sexual intercourse happened with the consent of the complainant or not is a question which needs trail.

 

Godman to stay in jail longer

M_Id_415730_asaramAsaram Bapu, who was accused of sexually assaulting school girl, will stay in jail for 14 more days. On Monday the Court extended his stay in the judicial custody after Asaram and his aide Shiva were produced before the court of district and session judge where magistrate Manoj Kumar Vyas presided the session.

Asaram Bapu was arrested in the beginning of September after the school girl’s father filed an FIR against the self proclaimed Godman. After his arrest he had requested the court to allow his doctor to visit him in jail. A series of medical tests were also conducted on him which proved him to be healthy and potent.

Bapu so far has denied all charges. Meanwhile, after today’s hearing the girl’s family have received death threats by the Godman’s followers. The audio clips of the phone recording are supposed to be produced in court later as evidence.

Continue reading here.