Repeal of DACA puts young Indian Americans at risk of Deportation

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program which was started under the presidency of Obama has been repealed by the Trump administration. This is considered as one of the most controversial decision President Trump ever made. This announcement was mad on September 5, 2017. More than 800,000 young adult immigrants were protected by this scheme and their lives are in jeopardy now.

Currently, there is no new scheme which will be implemented in place of DACA. It is said, according to Vox that those currently protected by DACA will start losing work permits from March 6, 2018. There are 20,000 Indian children who were brought into the country illegally and may now face deportation. These are data recovered from South Asian Americans Leading Togethere (SAALT).

There have been protests all over the country after the announcement. SAALT went on to say, “Over 27,000 Asian Americans, including 5,500 Indians and Pakistanis, have already received DACA. An additional estimated 17,000 individuals from India and 6,000 from Pakistan respectively are eligible for DACA, placing India in the top ten countries for DACA eligibility,” according to NDTV.

Sources – Vox, The New Yorker, NDTV

Trump’s move to rescind DACA may affect 7000 Indian Americans

Donald Trump plans to soon end a programme that allows work permits to immigrants who arrived in America illegally as children. The move may impact more than 7000 Indian Americans.

The programme, known as the Deferred Action for Children Arrival (DACA) was one of major immigration reform under the Obama administration.

On Friday September 1, White House Secretary Sarah Anderson addressed reporters that Trump would take a decision the following day but Politico in its exclusive story reported on September 3 that Trump had already decided to cancel the programme and senior administration officials are in discussions regarding the roll out of Trump’s decision. But Politico also reported that the officials have cautioned Trump’s decision may change until it is formally made public.

Such a decision, which Trump has been supporting since his campaigning days, may draw major backlash even from his own Republican party. The decision to rescind DACA may affect almost 75,000 undocumented workers including more than 7,000 Indian Americans.

According to the latest US Citizenship and Immigration Services statistics, India ranks 11 in the countries of origin among DACA students.

CATO Institute in its study released a week ago stated that DACA’s termination may result in the possible deportation of these students could cost more than $200 billion to the economy an $60 billion to the US government.

Sources: HT, TOI

U.N. High Commissioner disparages U.S. President

U.S. President Donald Trump’s feedback of journalists adds up to an assault on the flexibility of the press and could incite brutality against columnists, the United Nations’ human rights boss said on Wednesday.

“It’s really quite amazing when you think that freedom of the press, not only sort of a cornerstone of the U.S. Constitution but very much something that the United States defended over the years is now itself under attack from the President,” the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights said.

Both amidst his election battle and all through his presidency up until now, Donald Trump has over and over pummelled and offended US prevailing press outlets, calling them the “fake news.”

Also, in February, Trump named numerous prevailing press outlets “enemies of the American people.”

Zeid voiced worry that a journalist from the Guardian had been ambushed in the United States most as of late, however, gave away no more subtle elements.

Trump has likewise made agonizing comments over ladies, Mexicans and Muslims derided a man with inabilities openly and issued a mandate on a transgender boycott in the military.

At a current rally in Phoenix, Arizona he reprimanded the media for distorting his reaction to the fatal racial oppressor walk in Charlottesville, Virginia, calling them unpatriotic and “truly dishonest people.”

The President prides himself as a taboo breaker, undoubtedly his supporters consider him to be such. In any case, at the time Zeid communicated his inclination that this was horribly flippant, on the grounds that it has consequences, it encourages the individuals who may think comparable to hone their ambushes on these groups, expressed an exasperated Zeid.

 

Sources-

  1. NDTV- http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/donald-trump-may-be-inciting-violence-against-media-un-1744041
  2.  DW.COM- http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trumps-media-attacks-may-amount-to-incitement-says-un-human-rights-chief/a-40295344

Pakistan affirms suspending visits , talks with the US

Pakistan has suspended bilateral visits and talks with the US as a form of protest against Donald Trump’s speech.During his speech, Trump had reprimanded Islamabad while proposing another strategy on Afghanistan.
This was expressed by foreign minister Khawaja Mohammad Asif amid an in-camera session in the Senate on Monday.
As quoted by sources, Asif, as an immediate response had postponed his ministerial visit Washington. Likewise, he also added that the US Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Alice Well’s tour had also been put off.

During an exchange with” Nation”, Pakistani officials revealed that

the nation is not likely to take part in any open converses with Washington before head administrator Shahid Abbasi’s visit to the US for the United Nations General Assembly session. The session is scheduled for the next month.
Pakistan’s Senate has constituted a unique advisory group that will outline its response to what it believes is “bullying on part of the US”.
Besides, Pakistan is also sore at Trump for envisaging a major role for India towards ensuring peace in Afghanistan.
Asif told the senate that the country “envisaged no military role for India in Afghanistan.”He further added, “that India would not be allowed to use Afghan soil to destabilise Pakistan.”

The Indo-China stand-off, attains a standstill

China has flagged, it has put road development in the debated Himalayan outskirt zone- Bhutan, on hold as a major aspect of an arrangement to end a military stand-off with India.

Be that as it may, the Chinese foreign said on Tuesday that Chinese troops would keep on patroling the zone.

The move came a day after the two countries finished their stand-off on the Doklam plateau, which started in June when China began building a street in the questioned territory near Bhutan.

The inconvenience began in June when India sent troops to stop China constructing a street in the Doklam range, which is remote, uninhabited region guaranteed by both China and Bhutan.

India said it sent its troops since Chinese military action there was a danger to the security of its own upper east district.

“We will make an overall assessment of the weather conditions and all related factors, and according to the actual circumstances complete construction plans,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying, told a daily news briefing.

Neither one of the two countries has offered unequivocal points of interest of the terms of withdrawal from the zone which had raised feelings of dread of a more extensive clash between the Asian monsters who battled a short outskirt war in 1962.

Spectators likewise said the finish of the stand-off was clearly planned to ease strains in front of a prominent BRICS summit one week from now in China. The others BRICS countries are Brazil, Russia and South Africa.

News Source: Reuters, scmp

Picture Source: Reuters

______________

Hurricane Harvey: Trump’s first Tempest

First Category 4 hurricane to hit the US (United States), bringing one-meter of precipitation, on late Friday. Departure orders were further issued to enable Texans to look for protection from winds of up to 215 km/h. Trump signs disaster order as Tempest with winds of up to 215km every hour is dreaded to be exceedingly dangerous to hit US mainland in 12 years.

The epicentre of Hurricane Harvey hit land between the Port of Aransas and Port O’Connor, Texas late on Friday, as per the National Hurricane Center. It perforated extending hundreds of kilometres into the Gulf of Mexico.

It is regarded as the most powerful to hit the terrain since 2005. Prior to that Wilma struck Florida in 2005, and incurred billions of dollars in harm. Before Wilma, Hurricane Katrina walloped New Orleans around the same time, turning into a noteworthy disappointment of the administration of George W Bush.

Surprisingly so, US President Donald Trump signed a debacle declaration for Texas, authorizing government reserves for help hours before the storm. Prior in the day, Texas Governor Greg Abbott had asked Trump to preemptively announce Harvey a “major disaster” with a specific end goal to speed government help.

“We can obviously tell already at this stage this is going to be a very major disaster,” Abbot said, as more than 1,000 National Guardsmen were activated. It’s thus, a major test for trump, as it’s the first natural disaster in his presidency.

“I encourage everyone in the path of #HurricaneHarvey to heed the advice & orders of their local and state officials,” the Trump tweet appeared on Friday.

 

Sources – Reuters, Aljazeera

U.S. Probe: Uncovering needles in the haystack

Congressional agents have uncovered an email sent in June 2016, from a reliable Trump aide that referenced a formerly unreported push to orchestrate a meeting a year ago between Trump crusade authorities and Russian President Vladimir Putin, as indicated by sources with coordinate information of the issue.

The email was sent by Rick Dearborn, now the president’s deputy chief of staff, to crusade authorities with data about a man attempting to interface them with Putin, CNN said. The individual was just recognized in the email as being from “WV,” which one source said was a reference to West Virginia.

It was an indistinguishable time where Donald Trump Jr. met with Russians offering data to ruin his father’s opponent in the campaign- Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Dearborn did not react to various requests looking for input. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders declined to remark, and would not react to request about Dearborn’s email and whether the campaign brought through with that meeting.

“We aren’t going to comment on potentially leaked documents,” Sanders said.

The demand made by the unidentified West Virginian fits an example of Russians endeavoring  to accumulate human knowledge and look for unwilling – and once in a while unwitting accomplices – as a major aspect of their incognito operations, says the Intelligence experts.

“The Russians are really experts at this,” heaved Steve Hall, a retired CIA chief of Russia operations.

News Source: Reuters, CNN

Image Source: Reuters